FY23 Creative Start Grant
About this Grant
ArtsWA’s Creative Start Grant program seeks to support the creative, academic, and social emotional growth of Washington State’s early learners through arts integration*. This one-year grant is designed to expand professional learning opportunities for early learning educators in arts integration teaching methods. Creative Start Grant funds support collaborative projects between educators, schools, early learning centers, and families that increase innovative and relevant opportunities for teaching and learning through the arts in preschool to 3rd grade classrooms across the state.
*Arts integration is an approach to teaching and learning that connects an arts discipline with non-arts curriculum in a way that meets standards and objectives for both.
The Creative Start Grant is:
- Focused on arts integration and professional learning
- Focused on preschool through 3rd grade students and educators
- Open to Single-Site (one location) or Multi-Site projects
- Open to new or continuing arts integration projects
- Note: Non-profit arts and cultural organizations are encouraged to apply for an AIE Partnership Grant here.
- Single-Site: $5,000 – $10,000
- Multi-Site: $10,000 – $25,000
- No matching funds required
- Application Opens: March 10, 2022
- Applications Deadline: April 14, 2022 at 5:00 pm
- Grant Notifications: by June 8, 2022
- Grant Funds Distributed: July 1, 2022 – June 30, 2023
- Final Report Due: July 31, 2023