ArtsWA supports arts learning as a part of basic education for all students PreK-12. This program expands arts education access through grants, professional development, youth leadership opportunities, and ongoing research.
- Foster collaboration within the arts education landscape.
- Expand learning opportunities for educators.
- Strengthen youth, educator, and family civic engagement in the arts.
- Ensure arts learning is accessible to all PreK-12 students in Washington State.
- Elevate the role of arts education through Data, Research, and Accountability.
*Strategies (language adapted from and credited to American Academy of Arts and Sciences, Art for Life’s Sake: The Case for Arts Education (Cambridge, Mass.: American Academy of Arts and Sciences, 2021)
Arts In Education Spotlight
What is a Teaching Artist?
In this short video, we help define the word ‘teaching artist’.
View this video with audio description at: https://youtu.be/cbv7O1DCiaA