Our Arts in Education grants support arts education as part of K-12 basic education. We invest in arts organizations, non-profits, government agencies, and teaching artists working in partnership with Washington K-12 schools and districts.
Arts in Education Grants may support the following:
- Curriculum development, and work on assessment and evaluation
- Classroom instruction led by professional teaching artists
- Professional development in arts teaching for classroom teachers or teaching artists
- Other methods that improve teaching and learning in the arts for all students
Arts in Education Grantees must:
- Align their programs with state standards in the arts
- Demonstrate realistic and supportive approaches to assessing student learning in the arts
- Address issues of equity, access, and social justice in education
- Demonstrate strong collaboration between arts and education partners
ArtsWA provides ongoing support to Arts in Education grantees. We hold an annual convening and provide access to other professional development opportunities. Extra-curricular arts education programs are not eligible.
You can find complete application guidelines and review criteria on each grant page below.
This grant supports smaller programs and newer partnerships. It may help fund strategies to build your program.
This grant supports established programs and partnerships. We expect you to have strong methods to plan, implement, and evaluate your program.
If you have any questions about Arts in Education programs, please contact:
Tamar Krames, Program Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org, 360-586-2418