ArtsWA offers several types of grants aimed at conserving and developing the state’s artistic resources.
Arts in Education: Applications are now closed for grant funding in Fiscal Years 2016.
Grants to Organizations: Applications are now closed for Fiscal Years 2016 grant funding.
Grant Categories and evaluations
Artists, works of art, and artistic institutions are essential to the social, educational, and economic well-being of Washington State. Our grants, in the categories summarized below, provide the seed money necessary to ensure that individual communities nurture and grow the arts.
- Grants to organizations
- Grants to statewide partners
- Grants for K-12 arts in education
- Grants for special purposes
We offer resources to help you with your application and with receiving your payments once your grant is awarded.
To evaluate grant applications, we use a four-step process based on the written response and support materials submitted with each application:
- Grant applications are reviewed initially by staff for eligibility
- Applications are reviewed by a peer panel or review committee that makes initial funding recommendations.
- The full Commission performs a final review, approval, and determines funding amounts.
- We provide each applicant with a written notification of the final Commission action.
If we don't fund your grant application and you want to appeal, the Washington Administrative Code (WAC 30.12.036) outlines a standard process to follow.