ArtsWA offers several types of grants aimed at conserving and developing the state’s artistic resources.
Artists, works of art, and artistic institutions are essential to the social, educational, and economic well-being of Washington State. Our grants, in the categories summarized below, provide the seed money necessary to ensure that individual communities nurture and grow the arts.
- Grants to organizations
- Grants to statewide partners
- Grants for K-12 arts in education
- Grants for special purposes
We offer resources to help you with your application and with receiving your payments once your grant is awarded.
To evaluate grant applications, we use a four-step process based on the written response and support materials submitted with each application:
- Grant applications are reviewed initially by staff for eligibility
- Applications are reviewed by a peer panel or review committee that makes initial funding recommendations.
- The full Commission performs a final review, approval, and determines funding amounts.
- We provide each applicant with a written notification of the final Commission action.
If we don't fund your grant application and you want to appeal, the Washington Administrative Code (WAC 30.12.036) outlines a standard process to follow.
Our grant recipients are required to acknowledge the support of ArtsWA in all promotional materials for the funded event by including our logo in the materials. Our logo is available for download in the Resources section of the Grants page. Or link to the logos here:
- ArtsWA logo, full color, high-resolution JPG format
- ArtsWA logo, full color, EPS (vector) format, for print shop production
- ArtsWA logo, black & white, high-resolution JPG format
- ArtsWA logo, black & white, EPS (vector) format, for print shop production
If space is limited to 2 inches or less, you may use our text-only logo in the formats below:
- ArtsWA text-only logo, color, high-resolution JPG format
- ArtsWA text-only logo, color, EPS (vector) format, for print shop production
- ArtsWA text-only logo, black & white, high-resolution JPG format
- ArtsWA text-only logo, black & white, EPS (vector) format, for print shop production
Arts in Education: Applications are now closed for grant funding in Fiscal Years 2014-2015 for Arts in Education grants.
Grants to Organizations: The application period for Fiscal Year 2014 grants has now closed. The next open period for grant applications will take place in the spring of 2014.
Recipients of FY 2014 grants will be posted this summer, after selection processes are completed.
- Recipients of Arts in Education grants, Fiscal Year (FY) 2013
- Recipients of grants to organizations and cooperative partnerships, FY 2013
Arts in Education grants:
Grants to organizations and statewide partners: