ArtsWA offers grants aimed at conserving and developing the state’s arts resources.
Grant Categories and evaluations
Artists, works of art, and artistic institutions are essential to the social, educational, and economic well-being of Washington State. Our grants, in the categories summarized below, provide the seed money necessary to ensure that individual communities nurture and grow the arts.
- Grants to organizations
- Grants to statewide partners
- Grants for K-12 arts in education
Grants for special purposes
We offer resources to help you with your application and with receiving your payments once your grant is awarded.
A four-step process is used to evaluate and award grants:
- Individual grant applications are reviewed for completeness and eligibility.
- Applications are reviewed by a peer panel or review committee who make funding and denial recommendations.
- The ArtsWA board of commissioners reviews funding and denial recommendations and gives final approval.
- Applicants are notified.
If we don't fund your grant application and you want to appeal, the Washington Administrative Code (WAC 30.12.036) outlines a standard process to follow.
ArtsWA uses Grants Online, an online application processing system, developed by the Western State Arts Federation (WESTAF).