ArtsWA offers several types of grants aimed at conserving and developing the state’s artistic resources.
Arts in Education: Applications are now closed for grant funding in Fiscal Year 2017.
Grants to Organizations: Applications now closed for Fiscal Years 2017 (July 1, 2016 - June 30, 2017) funding.
Read more about project support grants for FY 2017.
Grant Categories and evaluations
Artists, works of art, and artistic institutions are essential to the social, educational, and economic well-being of Washington State. Our grants, in the categories summarized below, provide the seed money necessary to ensure that individual communities nurture and grow the arts.
- Grants to organizations
- Grants to statewide partners
- Grants for K-12 arts in education
- Grants for special purposes
We offer resources to help you with your application and with receiving your payments once your grant is awarded.
To evaluate grant applications, we use a four-step process based on the written response and support materials submitted with each application:
- Grant applications are reviewed initially by staff for eligibility
- Applications are reviewed by a peer panel or review committee that makes initial funding recommendations.
- The full Commission performs a final review, approval, and determines funding amounts.
- We provide each applicant with a written notification of the final Commission action.
If we don't fund your grant application and you want to appeal, the Washington Administrative Code (WAC 30.12.036) outlines a standard process to follow.
ArtsWA uses Grants Online, an online grants management system, developed by the Western State Arts Federation (WESTAF).
Inside Your Application (http://www.arts.wa.gov/media/dynamic/docs/GrantsOnline-InsideYourApplications.pdf)
Logging In and Managing Your Account (http://www.arts.wa.gov/media/dynamic/docs/GrantsOnline-LoggingInManagingAccount.pdf)