ArtsWA offers grants aimed at conserving and developing the state’s arts resources.
Arts in Education: Applications for Fiscal Year 2018 coming soon!
Grant Categories and evaluations
Artists, works of art, and artistic institutions are essential to the social, educational, and economic well-being of Washington State. Our grants, in the categories summarized below, provide the seed money necessary to ensure that individual communities nurture and grow the arts.
- Grants to organizations
- Grants to statewide partners
- Grants for K-12 arts in education
Grants for special purposes
We offer resources to help you with your application and with receiving your payments once your grant is awarded.
A four-step process is used to evaluate and award grants:
- Individual grant applications are reviewed for completeness and eligibility.
- Applications are reviewed by a peer panel or review committee who make funding and denial recommendations.
- The ArtsWA board of commissioners reviews funding and denial recommendations and gives final approval.
- Applicants are notified.
If we don't fund your grant application and you want to appeal, the Washington Administrative Code (WAC 30.12.036) outlines a standard process to follow.
ArtsWA uses Grants Online, an online application processing system, developed by the Western State Arts Federation (WESTAF).