Are you interested in learning more about our grants process? These steps will get you started.
- Find the right grant for your organization.
- We have grant programs in two primary categories:
- Once you find the grant you want to apply for, read the guidelines and eligibility requirements to learn more about the grant.
- Ask us questions!
- The grant application process has many steps and may be confusing. We are here to help. Call or email staff with questions.
- Start your application
- Ready to apply? Click the link in the application guidelines to get to the online application form.
- There are multiple components to an application including a project narrative, budget, and work samples. Allow plenty of time in advance of the application deadline to complete your application.
- Submit your application.
- Check your application materials, and when you are ready, submit your application online.
- Wait to hear from us.
- Once applications are submitted, they are screened by staff, and then reviewed by a panel. The panel’s recommendations then go to our board of commissioners. After the board votes on which applications to approve or deny, staff will communicate with all applicants about the status of their proposal.
- This process often takes several months.
- Receive notification by email.
- If your application is approved for funding, we’ll send you all the information about the next steps. You can learn more about managing your grant here.
If your application is not approved for funding, feel free to contact us to get feedback. We are happy to talk with all applicants and share how the panel evaluated your application, and provide input on areas for growth.