For small community groups and organizations
Snap Grant Amounts: up to $1,500
Snap Grants open: Early February 2019
(Snap Grants require a pre-application to make sure your group or organization and project are a good fit for this focused program. The pre-application period will begin several months before the official open of the full Snap Grant application review period because Snap Grant applicants are also eligible for Level A funding - but can only apply in one category.)
Rolling Application Review Period: July 1 - December 31, 2019
Project Dates: Must be completed by June 30, 2020
Applications are accepted via the ZoomGrants system. We recommend reading the guidelines (posted soon!) prior to starting an account or application online. Once you create a profile we recommend that you bookmark the ZoomGrants site.
Designed as an entry point into ArtsWA funding programs, the Snap Grants pilot program prioritizes;
- Applications from groups or organizations new to ArtsWA funding.
- Groups or organizations that have not been funded in the last three ArtsWA funding cycles (July 1, 2015 - June 30, 2018).
- Applications that help us reach our organizational goals on social justice as indicated in our strategic plan’s crosscutting objective: "Increase our specific and intentional efforts around social justice by ensuring that ArtsWA-funded activities and work are reflective of Washington’s diverse populations including cultural diversity, artistic disciplines, geographic locations, and underserved populations."
- Applications that demonstrate strong public benefit and feasability
- Small groups or organizations with an annual operating budget up to or less than $25,000.
- Small groups or organizations producing projects or events that have arts and culture as a primary or significant component, that are open to the public, and provide public benefit as defined in the guidelines.
- A minimum one-year history of arts and/or relevant programming that demonstrates the capacity to produce the proposed project or event.
- 501(c)3 status or fiscal sponsorship is NOT required but, should you receive a grant, applicants must provide the authorizing official's Social Security number or the organization's federal tax identification number (FEIN) issued by the Internal Revenue Service for contracting purposes for contracting purposes.
- Snap Grants require a pre-application to make sure your project is a good fit for this focused pilot program. During the launch of this program, the pre-application period will begin several months before the official open of the Snap Grant review and award cycle.
- Applicants may receive one Snap Grant per fiscal year.
- Applicants may not additionally apply to any other Grants to Organizations program category during the same grant cycle fiscal year.
- Refer to the complete guidelines for additional parameters.