Poetry Out Loud is Going Virtual for the 2020-21 School Year
Information for the 2020-21 program is still being finalized, in many cases.
Information marked 2019-20 reflects the most recent typical Poetry Out Loud program year.
Information marked 2020-21 reflects the most current program details, which may differ previous years.
Please check back for on-going updates.
- 2020-2021 Fact Sheet | Learn more about the Poetry Out Loud program in Washington
- 2020-21 Teacher’s Guide | How to teach recitation and performance
- 2020-21 ArtsWA POL Lead Teacher Responsibilities
Lesson Plan Materials
- Poetry Out Loud in the Classroom: An Alternate Method
- Creating a Visual Poem
- Poem Analysis
- Poetry Speed Dating
- Poetry Square Analysis
- Poetry Stations
- Understanding Your Poem
- Poetry Out Loud website | Access poetry resources and lesson plans
- Find Poems | access a poetry anthology of over 900 poems
- How-to Videos | How to choose a poem, learning recitation, and other tips
- National POL Video Channel | Watch past competitions and other examples
- 2019-20 Organizing a Contest | Guide to plan a competition
- 2019-20 PR Tool Kit | Promote your program and competition
For more information about this program, please send our Poetry Out Loud coordinator an email.