Poetry Out Loud Resources for the 2021-22 School Year
Information for the 2021-22 program is still being finalized, in many cases. This page is updated regularly as new resources become available.
Please check back for on-going updates.
- 2021-2022 Fact Sheet | Learn more about the Poetry Out Loud program in Washington
- Session #1 | Tuesday, September 21, 3 p.m.-4 p.m. | This session focuses on the benefit and impact that Poetry Out Loud has for a wide variety of learners. Advance registration required.
- Session #2 | Tuesday, October 19, 3 p.m.-4 p.m. | This session focuses on classroom resources and different strategies that you can use. Advance registration required.
- Session #3 | Tuesday, December 7, 3 p.m.-4 p.m. | This session focuses on coaching recitations and preparing
for competitions. Advance registration required.
Lesson Plan Materials
- Poetry Out Loud in the Classroom: An Alternate Method
- Creating a Visual Poem
- Poem Analysis
- Poetry Speed Dating
- Poetry Square Analysis
- Poetry Stations
- Understanding Your Poem
- Poetry Out Loud website | Access poetry resources and lesson plans
- Find Poems | access a poetry anthology of over 900 poems
- How-to Videos | How to choose a poem, learning recitation, and other tips
- National POL Video Channel | Watch past competitions and other examples
For more information about this program, please send our Poetry Out Loud coordinator an email.