Poetry Out Loud Resources & Links
Information for the 2022-23 program is still being finalized, in many cases. This page is updated regularly as new resources become available.
Please check back for on-going updates.
- 2022-2023 Fact Sheet | Learn more about the Poetry Out Loud program in Washington
Online Sessions: Times and Dates will be posted and announced as they become available for both Teacher-to-Teacher sessions, and the Statewide Online Workshop for students and teachers.
Lesson Plan Materials
- Poetry Out Loud in the Classroom: An Alternate Method
- Creating a Visual Poem
- Poem Analysis
- Poetry Speed Dating
- Poetry Square Analysis
- Poetry Stations
- Understanding Your Poem
- Poetry Out Loud website | Access poetry resources and lesson plans
- Find Poems | access a poetry anthology of over 900 poems
- How-to Videos | How to choose a poem, learning recitation, and other tips
- National POL Video Channel | Watch past competitions and other examples
For more information about this program, please send our Poetry Out Loud coordinator an email.