Step 2-Application Materials
The 2015 Roster Call for Applications is now CLOSED. These pages are provided to give information about the process. We expect to hold the next Call in the summer of 2018.
You will need sufficient time to develop and submit your application prior to the deadline, but you don't have to complete your application in one sitting; you can save your work and return to your application at a later date. Keep in mind that ArtsWA staff are not available after 5 pm or on weekends to provide system technical support or retrieve passwords.
Artists should carefully consider and review all submitted materials; if accepted to the Roster, submitted portfolios will be the same ones reviewed by local Art Selection Committees.
The online application includes more detailed information. We recommend that you keep a digital copy of submitted materials for reference.
Once you have read the competition guidelines and determined that you are eligible to apply, please use the following checklist to gather your materials before starting your application.
- Select 10 digital images of your artwork, preferably of recent work.
- Format and resize selected images.
- Gather your artwork titles, dates, dimensions, budgets/costs, commissioning agencies, and locations for each image.
- Write short descriptive narratives describing the imagery or concepts of the artwork for each selected image (250 character limt per image).
- Write an artist's statement (1,000 character limit, including punctuation and spaces).
- Create a 2-page resume (PDF, DOC, or RTF format).
If you have additional questions please refer to Find Answers (FAQ).