Registration and Key Dates
School registration for 2017-18 Poetry Out Loud is now CLOSED
Any school serving students in grades 9-12 may register to participate in the Washington State Poetry Out Loud program. Each participating school should have at least two to three participating teachers, each of whom involve two or more of their classes in the Poetry Out Loud program. This guideline is meant to promote a meaningful level of participation within the school, but exceptions may be made for smaller schools and schools new to Poetry Out Loud.
One teacher at each participating school will serve as the Lead Teacher, acting as the primary program contact and coordinating school-level activity among the others participating. This person should complete the registration form and should have available the names, email addresses, and classes/grades of the other participating teachers to include on the registration form.
Registration for 2017-18 Poetry Out Loud is now Closed.
If you have questions, please send an email to our Poetry Out Loud coordinator.
- Registration opens: August 14, 2017
- Registration deadline: November 17, 2017
- Classroom Implementation: Any 2-3 weeks between September 2017 and early January 2018
- School Finals deadline: January 19, 2018
- Regional Finals deadline: February 4, 2018; regional final dates vary by region
- State Final: March 10, 2018, Broadway Center for the Performing Arts, Tacoma
- National Finals: April 23-25, 2018, Washington, D.C.