Registration and Key Dates
School registration for 2018-19 Poetry Out Loud is now open
Any school serving students in grades 9-12 may register to participate in the Washington State Poetry Out Loud program. Each participating school should have at least two to three participating teachers, each of whom involve two or more of their classes in the Poetry Out Loud program. This guideline is meant to promote a meaningful level of participation within the school, but exceptions may be made for smaller schools and schools new to Poetry Out Loud.
One teacher at each participating school will serve as the Lead Teacher, acting as the primary program contact and coordinating school-level activity among the others participating. This person should complete the registration form and should have available the names, email addresses, and classes/grades of the other participating teachers to include on the registration form.
Registration for 2018-19 Poetry Out Loud is now Open
Click Here for the online School Registration Form. The deadline to reigster your school for Poetry Out Loud is November 9, 2018.
If you have questions, please send an email to our Poetry Out Loud coordinator.
- Registration opens: May 21, 2018
- Registration deadline: November 9, 2018
- Classroom Implementation: Any 2-3 weeks between September 2018 and early January 2019
- School Finals deadline: January 18, 2019
- Regional Finals deadline: February 2, 2019; regional final dates vary by region
- State Final: early March, 2019; Broadway Center for the Performing Arts, Tacoma
- National Finals: April 29-May 1, 2019 Washington, D.C.