Certified Creative Districts
The Certified Creative Districts program works to help communities throughout the state thrive. By focusing on the creative economy, communities can grow jobs and increase economic, educational, and cultural opportunities for residents and visitors.
What is a Creative District?
A Creative District is a hub of social and business activity.
- It includes cultural facilities, creative industries, and arts-related businesses.
- It’s an exciting place to live, work in, and visit.
- It’s gathering place. A focal point for people to enjoy the arts and culture the community has to offer.
- It’s a vehicle to grow jobs in the arts and creative industries of all kinds.
Total earnings for people employed in creative industries in Washington was $205B in 2015. (WESTAF, Creative Vitality Suite)
Benefits to Your Community
The benefits of Certification include:
- Promoting a community’s identity, qualities, and values
- Increasing tourism and bringing new visitors to a community
- Job creation and long-term career opportunities
- The ability to pursue creative industry-related grants
- A strong position to recruit creative entrepreneurs, new industries, and additional investment
- Setting the stage to improve and/or redevelop historic or community assets
- Opportunities around affordable housing, live/work, and maker space
- Strengthening the fabric and livability of a community by bringing businesses, nonprofits, local government, and citizens together to develop their future
For more info about the Certified Creative Districts Program, contact:
Annette Roth, Creative Districts Program Manager
360-586-8098 | firstname.lastname@example.org