Certified Creative Districts
The Certified Creative Districts program works to help communities throughout the state thrive. It is a new legislative initiative designed to support the state's creative economy.
A state-certified Creative District provides a strong base for communities to grow the arts and creative economy. They can grow jobs and increase economic, educational, and cultural opportunities for residents and visitors. By seeking out district designation, they are declaring their region as one that embraces and wants to grow the creative economy.
What is a Creative District?
It's a geographically defined area where art, cultural, social, and economic activity takes place. It includes cultural facilities, artists, creative industries and other businesses that support these activities.
It's a vehicle to grow jobs and create opportunities in the arts. It can make the most of a community's arts and cultural heritage. It's the heart of a community - a focal point for people to gather and enjoy vibrant and vital acitvities. And it showcases the innovation and entrepreneurship Washington is known for.
Benefits to Your Community
The state-certification is designed to help your community organize arts and cultural activites. With certification, you can:
- Strengthen your local economy
- Promote your community’s identity, qualities and values
- Attract new visitors and increase tourism
- Create jobs and long-term career opportunities
- Pursue creative industry and placemaking-related grants
- Attract creative entrepreneurs, new industries and additional investment
- Set the stage to improve and/or redevelop historic or community assets
- Create opportunities around all-income housing, live/work and maker space for artists
- Strengthen the fabric and livability of your community by bringing businesses, nonprofits, local government and citizens together to develop their future
For more info about the Certified Creative Districts Program, contact:
Annette Roth, Creative Districts Program Manager
360-586-8098 | email@example.com