May is Arts Education Month in the State of Washington. It is a time to increase public awareness of the importance of quality arts education for every student, in every school. For more information about arts education in our public schools, visit the Arts section of the Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI) website.
The Governor’s Proclamation highlights the collective efforts of arts educators throughout Washington. This proclamation supports schools and communities around the state to:
- Coordinate efforts to recognize the value of arts education
- Celebrate local arts education achievements
- Plan future work to ensure all Washington students receive arts education
How to pass a proclamation
During Arts Education Month, we invite every community, school, and organization in the state to magnify the value of arts learning. Make individualized, local resolutions. Pass your own local proclamations.
- Sample proclamations and resolutions
- Steps for requesting local proclamations
- Talking points to include in curtain speeches or other speaking engagements
- A sample, customizable press release
- Arts Education Month logo, for use on your programs and materials
- Opportunities to share your events and successes