ArtsWA’s Art in Public Places team is hiring a Conservation Technician to join a dynamic, growing team that manages the condition of public artworks in Washington State. The Collections Team surveys and reports on the condition of many kinds of public art and performs maintenance activities as needed.
Some of your specific activities include:
- Use independent judgment to determine maintenance needs.
- Present maintenance plans to managers.
- Perform artwork maintenance.
- Prepare maintenance reports.
- Follow ArtsWA documentation standards.
- Use a specialized database to record maintenance and archive photographs.
- Assess tool and supply needs, making purchases as necessary.
- Collaborate with other ArtsWA collections care staff, including Conservation Leads.
- Maintain relationships with partner agencies.
- Provide technical assistance to partner agencies.
- Ensure site and public safety around work sites.
💵 $4,425 – $5,960 per month
💡 Job type: Project (limited duration)
🌎 Location: Thurston, Pierce, or South King counties – telework eligible with 60% statewide travel expected
📆 Apply by May 29 at 11:59 p.m.