The Toolkit has a number of resources for your community to use to when planning your Creative District. It includes a workbook, handouts and presentations, economic development reference articles, and more.
These tools are simple to use. They can guide and strengthen your community’s bid for Creative District Designation.
- Creative District Community Readiness Workbook | Guidance to help you plan your District
- Creative District Pre-Application Checklist | Ensure your District meets minimum requirements
- Governing Statute SHB 1183 | Read the Washington State House Bill authorizing Creative District certification
- List of Approved Creative Industry Job Categories (NAICS codes) | Identify creative sector jobs in your District
- List of Occupations by Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) Code | Identify creative sector jobs in your District
- Creative Vitality Suite | Access national creative economy data and reporting
- Labor Market Information – Washington State | Access monthly employer demand reports by county
- Strengthening Rural Economies Through the Arts | Published by the National Governors Association (NGA) Center for Best Practices, August 2005
- Arts and the Economy: Using Arts and Culture to Stimulate Economic Development | Published by the NGA Center for Best Practices
- New Engines of Growth: Five Roles for Arts, Culture and Design | Published by the NGA Center for Best Practices, May 2012
- How to Do Creative Placemaking | Published by the National Endowment for the Arts, January 2017
- Promoting Film and Media to Enhance State Economic Development | Published by the NGA Center for Best Practices, July 2008
- Community as Canvas: The Power of Culture in the Emergence of Intelligent Communities | Published by the Intelligent Community Forum, 2013