A brief video about TAT Lab, produced June 2016.
Pacific Northwest Ballet Teaching Artist and DISCOVER DANCE Consortium lead Kayti Bouljon teaching a class at Arbor Heights Elementary in Seattle. Photo by Bill Mohn.
ArtsWA Exeuctive Director Karen Hanan at a February 2016 Town Hall meeting with NEA Chairman Jane Chu. Location: The Wing Luke Museum.
Teaching Artist Training Lab. Photo by Glenda Carino.
Thirteen regional champions competed in the 2015 Poetry Out Loud State Finals.
2016 State Poetry Out Loud Champion, Jake Andrews, a senior at Ellensburg High School
At the end of the competition the students answer questions from the audience. Pictured here are Elizabeth Mo and Meghan Mulcahy.
Langston Ward won the 2013 State Championship and went on to win the 2013 National Poetry Out Loud Competition.
BreAnna Jones, a three-time Washington State Poetry Out Loud champion, was one of the six judges at the 2015 state competition. She also took some time to share her experiences with the students.
Gov Jay Inslee with 2014-16 Poet Laureate Elizabeth Austen and 2016-18 (current) Poet Laureate Tod Marshall.
ArtsWA Executive Director, Karen Hanan with NEA Chairperson Jane Chu.
Methow Arts Alliance - Twisp, WA
Pacific Northwest Ballet - Seattle, WA. Photo by Joseph Lambert.
Ellensburg High School senior, Jake Andrews (center) is the 2016 Poetry Out Loud State Champion. Photo by Jesse Michener.
Jake Andrews (center) will compete at the National Poetry Out Loud Finals in Washington, D.C.
Donia Kashkooli of South Whidbey High School answers audience questions with other competitors at the State Finals.
The 2012 Top Five
Left to right: Bonnie Blanchard, Vanessa Serrano, Dylan Nehrenberg, Langston Ward, Sommer Harris.
Board members Mark Andersen, Rick Johnson, and Amanda Jackson Mott.
Eighth-grade students rehearse their DISCOVER DANCE choreography, inspired by their writing and humanities curriculum. Photo by Adrienne Woods.
2016 Runner-up Mehak Mann, a sophomore at the International Community School, King County
Collections Manager Janae Huber, leading a tour of public art at the Evergreen State College in Olympia.
Board member Frank Video and Board Chair Bassem Bejjani.
Arts in Education Manager Lisa Jaret at a Teaching Artist Training Lab workshop.
- 2016 Poetry Out Loud State Finals Program
- ArtsWA Internship Description
- Heritage Caucus Bill Report - March 9, 2016
- Program for the Washington State Poetry Out Loud 2012 Finals
- Program for the Washington State Poetry Out Loud 2013 Finals
- Program for the Washington State Poetry Out Loud 2014 Finals
- Heritage Caucus Bill Report - March 2, 2016
- Heritage Caucus Bill Report - February 24, 2016
- Heritage Caucus Bill Report - Feb 10, 2016
- Heritage Caucus Bill Report - February 3, 2016
- Heritage Caucus Bill Report - Jan 27, 2016
- Heritage Caucus Bill Report - Jan 20, 2016