2014 Nominations open for Governor's Arts & Heritage Awards
The Washington State Arts Commission (ArtsWA) is accepting nominations for the 2014 Governor's Arts & Heritage Awards. The honorees will be recognized as outstanding artists, arts organizations and cultural leaders in our state under six categories:
- Individual Arts Award, to be given to an outstanding generative individual artist or individual arts leader;
- Award to an Arts Organization or an organization that support the arts;
- Arts Education Award, given to an individual, organization or school;
- Individual Heritage Award, given to an individual artist/practitioner;
- Heritage Organization Award,
- And new this year, the Young Arts Leader Award, which will be given to an individual between the ages of 18-35.
"These awards are among the most prestigious honors that the Governor confers," said ArtsWA Executive Director Karen Hanen. "Many distinguished artists, organizations and supporters have been honored in the past. This year we've added a new category to recognize a young arts leader who is making a significant difference in his or her community through the arts."
Nominations due by 5 p.m. July 21, 2014
All applications will be accepted electronically this year, including digital formats for supporting material.
Questions can be directed to Glenda Carino at (360) 586-8093 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Governor's Arts & Heritage Awards, Award Criteria and Guidelines
More about: About Us